ASUS PRO Essential PU551LA
- ASUSPRO PU Essential Series business notebooks are budget-friendly and extremely reliable.
- Specially designed for SMBs, they deliver uncompromised durability and security in a business-focused package.
- Designed primarily for growing enterprises that may lack a fully-managed IT environment, they help improve productivity and boost reliability.
- They are the perfect choice for smart up-and-coming businesses on the path to success.
- Subtly stylish
- The ASUSPRO PU series uses a one-piece build to create a professional yet subtle look. The design simplicity extends to the underside, with no unnecessary clutter, and a premium look and feel is achieved by the use of a stylish dark brushed-metal finish.
- The ASUSPRO PU series uses a one-piece build to create a professional yet subtle look.
- The design simplicity extends to the underside, with no unnecessary clutter, and a premium look and feel is achieved by the use of a stylish dark brushed-metal finish.
True-comfort keyboard and dedicated numeric keypad increase productivity
- Notebook keyboards are of great concern in the workplace, as they are essential for comfort and productivity.
- ASUS engineers have fine-tuned the PU series keyboard, providing optimum key feel and long key travel to maintain comfort during long hours of work.
- The keyboard also provides a full dedicated numeric keypad, complete with navigation keys, to increase efficiency for data entry or document navigation.
Large multi-gesture touchpad
- Easier to use and more precise input with scroll, rotate, and zoom
- The touchpad has been enlarged to 107 x 61mm, matching the screen ratio to aid input and navigation.
- Larger than touchpads on similar notebooks from other brands, it provides responsive and accurate multi-touch control.
- With gesture support, it effectively replaces the mouse, offering an alternative and intuitive input option.
- Multi-touch input allows effortless accuracy without a mouse, including two-finger web page scroll, zooming and rotating images, plus three-finger tapping to mimic a right-click.
- Workflow can be streamlined with gesture control, especially multi-step tasks such as presentations and research projects.
Anti-glare display for comfortable viewing
- The matte screen surface used in ASUSPRO notebooks prevents unwanted reflections, reducing eye fatigue.
- It also prevents unsightly fingerprint smudges from spoiling displayed content such as presentations.
- Ergonomically-angled and textured palm rest areas provide a comfortable and solid feel for optimum productivity.
Extra-strict ASUSPRO™ reliability testing standards
- Business users demand higher standards and greater reliability, so all ASUSPRO Series notebooks are strictly quality-tested to much higher standards than the industry norm for mainstream notebooks.
- They are tested for durability in drop tests, hinge cycle tests, and panel pressure testing.
- They also ship with an anti-shock hard drive that includes a triple protection mechanism to ensure data is always safe.
|Enhanced drop testing
More than double the drop height of standard notebooks
|Stronger hinge testing
20,000 more cycles than standard notebook testing
|Enhanced pressure testing
Up to 20% higher endurance compared to normal notebooks
Occasional liquid spillages are no longer a problem
Anti-shock hard drive keeps data safe
- ASUSPRO PU Essential Series notebooks offer increased hard drive protection, with damage-absorbing sponge cushions designed to protect the hard disk against shocks and drops during transportation.
- Additionally, the hard disk features a complete protection mechanism consisting of G-sensor hardware and software that actively protects against imminent impacts in order to help keep data safe and secure. This system uses a 3D digital accelerometer with three levels of sensitivity: off, normal, and high.
- The latter is activated by default, and impact detection remains on at all times.
ASUSPRO Business Center for PC management in one simple package
- Better productivity and streamlined management
- Helping small businesses efficiently manage their PCs in one simple package
- ASUSPRO Business Center is a new computing platform comprising hardware, software and firmware that provides unique security and productivity capabilities. It has been specially designed for small businesses that do not have a managed IT environment, simplifying management and maintenance so you can focus more on your business.
Wake-on-LAN(WOL) allows PCs to be turned on by a simple network message
- ASUSPRO PU Essential Series have a built-in hardware module on the motherboard that supports Wake-on-LAN (WOL).
- This allows a computer to be powered on or woken from sleep mode by a network message via LAN connections.
- This feature is invaluable for remote PC maintenance and support.
Replaceable battery and smart power connect alert
- The removable battery pack can be replaced with an optional extended-life battery, and adding an external battery case can even double battery life.
- It’s also easy to replace old batteries when necessary.
- The PU Series also feature a power connector alert that notifies users if the power supply malfunctions or is disconnected, minimizing the risk of sudden shutdowns and interruptions.
Connect from anywhere with dual-band Wi-Fi and 4G LTE*
- The ASUSPRO PU Series now features dual-band Wi-Fi and optional 4G LTE, so business users can stay connected at all times.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi works with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks for maximum flexibility, while 4G LTE is up to 10 times faster than previous-generation mobile data technology.
USB 3.0 and USB Charger+ offer ultra-fast transfer speeds and quick device charging
- Notebooks ship with USB 3.0 as standard, delivering up to ten times the transfer speeds of USB 2.0.
- Exclusive ASUS USB Charger+ software easily charges smartphones, media players, and other portable devices even when notebooks are powered off or in sleep/hibernate modes — in a fraction of the time it would normally take.
- ASUS leads the industry in eco-friendly processes, minimizing environmental impact with an initiative dubbed Green ASUS.
- It covers four areas: green design, green manufacturing, green procurement, and green services. ASUS is focused on safeguarding our planet with responsible products, and the ASUSPRO Series succeeds in combining a lower total cost of ownership with the highest environmental standards.
- It is fully EPEAT, Energy Star, and RoHS-certified.